We accept new and gently used clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories, home décor items and more. All items must be clean and free of excessive wear or evidence of damage in order to be considered for resale. Please inspect your items closely before bringing them in. If you would lend it to a friend, we can use it.
Bring the items you wish to donate to the shop in boxes or bags that you do not need back. We cannot return totes or hangers after we process your donation. Please keep in mind the size and weight of the bags and boxes you are bringing in. Once donated, your items become the property of TheResaleShop.
The choice is yours! We continue to offer two types of donation receipts. Donors can choose to keep their own records or to have us evaluate the donation for them. Evaluations can only be used by those who itemize deductions on their taxes. Please check with your tax professional on what type of receipt you need. Any item deemed unsaleable by a member of our staff will not receive a value on evaluated letters. Our donation forms are available on our website under the DONATE link.
Please note that beginning in 2018 tax letters will be sent to those who want an evaluation on an annual basis.
10 am–5 pm
10 am–6 pm
10 am–5 pm
10 am–4 pm
We accept donations during donation bay hours only. Please do not leave donations outside after hours.
We are unable to accept the following items per store policy
- Used socks and undergarments, stained
- Out of date or damaged items
- Items covered in pet hair or permeated with odors such as smoke
- Cribs, car seats and other baby equipment
- Bed pillows and mattress covers
- TV’s, VCR’s, computers, printers and other electronics
- Used kitchen appliances
- Any food or perishable items
- Sporting equipment
- Yard sale or garage cleanout remnants
- Ceiling fans or light fixtures
- Chemicals or items that take gasoline
- Stuffed animals
- Magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias or reference books
- Any other item deemed unsaleable by a member of the shop staff
On occasion we must decline donations because of health or safety regulations, unsatisfactory condition, or merchandising reasons. Disposing of these items results in an expense to our charity. Please consider this when selecting the items you wish to donate to The Resale Shop.