NCJWSTL’s Bourbon & Bags Chance To Win
November 1, 2021 - November 10, 2021
Chances to win will be available for purchase starting
Monday, November 1, 2021, at 9:00 AM CT through
Wednesday, November 10, 2021, at 4:00 PM CT.
Your purchase supports women, children, & families.
BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
- Sponsor. National Council of Jewish Women St. Louis (“NCJWSTL”) is the sponsor of “Bourbon & Bags.” NCJWSTL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The purpose of “Bourbon & Bags” is to raise funds for the operation of NCJWSTL and for the related activities of NCJWSTL.
- Chance to Win Overview. The event begins on November 1, 2021 at 9 am CT, and ends on November 10, 2021 at 4 pm CT, or when chances to win are sold-out, whichever occurs first.
- Eligibility. Any person 21 years of age or older, residing where the event is not prohibited, may purchase a ticket (“Chance to Win”) to be entered in the drawing (such person shall be herein known as the “Ticket Holder”). An affidavit of eligibility may be required from Ticket Holders who win a prize.
- Rules. By purchasing a Chance to Win, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions, and restrictions set forth herein (the “Rules”), as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. NCJWSTL’s decisions in all matters concerning the “Chance to Win event” and its interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final. Please contact NCJWSTL if you have questions regarding the Rules or the event. The event is void where prohibited by law.
- Releases. By purchasing a Chance to Win, each Ticket Holder releases NCJWSTL, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability with respect to the event, including, but not limited to, the selection process and the interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and each Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify and hold NCJWSTL harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each Ticket Holder agrees that their name, likeness, and any statements made by them regarding the prize may be disclosed to, and used by, the news media and may otherwise be used by NCJWSTL for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation, and in lists of prize winners that may be published in area news publications and other media.
- Tickets. The cost to purchase a Chance to Win for the event is $50.00 or three Chances for $100 (U.S. Funds only). A maximum of 125 Chances to Win will be sold per package (total of 500 chances in the event). Any eligible person may purchase more than one Chance. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Chances sold. Chances will not be sold after 4:00 p.m., Central Time (“CT”), Wednesday, November 10, 2021. Any unsold Chances become the property of NCJWSTL. Any chance(s) purchased after the 125 limit/package has been reached but prior to NCJWSTL’s removal of the online order form will be invalid and the purchaser’s payment will be refunded. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. A Chance is not valid and shall not be entered in the Raffle until full and satisfactory payment for such Chance is received by HHSTL. Tickets are not transferable once purchased.
- Failure of Payment. If a Ticket Holder’s payment by credit card is declined or check is dishonored by the bank for any reason, such Ticket Holder’s Chance shall be invalid and will not be entered in the drawing. NCJWSTL will attempt to notify the invalidated Ticket Holder by phone at the number provided on the ticket purchasing website; however, any failure to do so shall not cause the Chance to become valid, cause the Chance to be entered in the event, or give rise to any claim or cause of action on behalf of the invalidated Ticket Holder.
- Multiple-Party Tickets. In the event that more than one name is listed on a Chance, the first name listed shall be deemed to be the Ticket Holder. Delivery or payment of the prize shall be made to the Ticket Holder. It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to allocate any such prize among the participants in a multiple-party Ticket, and NCJWSTL, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
- Package Drawing. The Package Drawing shall take place on Wednesday, November 10, 2021, at 4 pm or sooner if all chances are sold before November 10, 2021. In order to be eligible for the Package Drawing, a Ticket Holder must have purchased their Chance online before 4:00 p.m. CT, Wednesday, November 10, 2021. Four (4) winning chances will be randomly chosen, one from each package as each Chance to win is designated to a package of the Ticket Holder’s choosing, and the winner of each prize (“Winner”) will be the Ticket Holder who has purchased a valid Chance in the designated package. Details of each of the four (4) package contents are available on the website at bit.ly/NCJWSTLBourbonandBags; “Chocolate Diamond”, “Emerald”, “Onyx”, and “Ruby” are the names of the packages.If the event is not held due to unforeseen circumstances, all money will be returned to the Ticket Holders. There is no substitution of prizes. TICKET HOLDERS NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
- Notification of Winners: NCJWSTL shall notify each winning Ticket Holders (a “Winner Notification”) by phone or email based on the information provided when purchasing the Chance(s).
- Claiming a Prize. After receiving a Winner Notification, the winning Ticket Holders have 30 days to retrieve their prize from NCJWSTL in Creve Coeur, MO, or such other location designated by NCJWSTL. NO PRIZES WILL BE SHIPPED. If a winner fails to claim and/or retrieve their prize from NCJWSTL within 30 days after being notified, NCJWSTL shall draw another Chance and award that prize to the new Winner. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash.
For a printable document, Click Here.